Welcome to the Pinewood Elementary School calendar! Our calendars are the go-to resource for keeping track of important dates and staying up-to-date on all of the activities happening throughout Mounds View Public Schools.
To add this calendar to your Android phone, click the +Google Calendar button in the lower right corner of the calendar. To add it to your iPhone, use this link.
You can choose which calendars you wish to view by using the little blue funnel filter button in the right corner of the calendar grid.
We are pleased to offer downloadable and printable versions of our school year calendars for your convenience. Whether you prefer to have a hard copy in your home or a digital version on your computer or mobile device, our calendar is easy to access and use. Simply click the calendar to download and print a physical copy. We hope this feature helps you stay organized and on top of all the important dates throughout the academic year.
Days Not in Session
When school is not in session, days are used for District-wide planning efforts as well as site-specific planning. As a result, variations in the use of these days will occur from site to site.
- Instructional Delivery and Assessment - Teachers spend time working in teams to review student progress and needs, and to refine instructional plans.
- Planning, Evaluation, Reporting and Grading - This time is devoted to documenting student progress and performance, updating student academic records, and completing all reports to be shared with students and parents.
- Curriculum Day - Teachers collaborate to update and improve the curriculum—checking alignment with state standards, K-12 coherence, and District-wide consistency. Teams also review resources used for teaching and learning and participate in professional development activities focused on effective implementation of the curriculum.
- Assessment Reporting - This time is provided in the form of office hours or scheduled conference appointments, or other means for parents and teachers to discuss student progress and assessment results.
- Off calendar/teacher workday - The scheduling of an off-calendar day is flexible. Teachers use the time for professional development and activities related to improvement of the instructional program including curriculum development and instructional planning to address the needs of students.
Assessments and Testing
We understand that assessments can sometimes be a source of anxiety for students and families alike, and our goal is to provide a transparent and supportive environment that helps students feel confident and prepared to demonstrate their knowledge and skills. There are a wide variety of types of assessments and testing that are conducted as students process through the grade levels.
[LINK THESE BUTTONS]